Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

88 Days

Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 1 teeny tiny drag of a cigarette last night at our housewarming party.  I'M SO PISSED.  I'm a drag away from a pack a day.  I'm a drag away from a pack a day.  I'm a drag away from a pack a day.
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): This week has been spent weening myself off the Chantix.  Add that to PMS and being really hard on myself about it all and you've got one emotionally confused ex-smoker.
Mood: Ehhh, still figuring it out.  Mostly SO HAPPY, though!!
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 1760

So, I totally skipped over celebrate my 12 weeks mark on the blog, but it did not pass in vain.  This week, I finally had feelings that I really liked myself better as a non-smoker.  I'm so dang productive and I feel proud of that.  BUT, this week I have faced several moments where I've had to honestly say no to cigarettes.  The cravings are back.  Luckily, I am fine if I don't drink.  BUT, last night Josh reminded me how hard I have worked the last 3 months and that it would all be for nothing if I had even just 1 cigarette.  And I agreed.  Then, I had a drag of a cigarette - what a horrible addiction nicotine is!  I emerged re-committed to quitting.  Without the Chantix, I am going to have to do more of the work.  I am set up for success, though, as I have built up healthy habits and routines AND I can celebrate the fact that I am done with the Chantix side effects!  WOOHOO!

Wish me luck.  I have come so far in my quitting journey, but this is just the beginning.  Follow along and share my struggles and triumphs!

1 comment: