Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

5 Weeks Tomorrow

Day 34
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): 0
Mood: Oh fine.  Crazy-ness at work, but nothing I can't handle.
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 680
Hours Not Spent Smoking: 56

What I did today instead of smoking:

  1. Went out back with the smokers for fresh air!  My friend started Chantix yesterday.  Hooray for the revolution.
  2. Called my mom.  Called my aunt.
  3. Read a magazine - one of three that I bought with my Coke Rewards Points!  Body + Soul, Vanity Fair and Conde Naste Traveler.  Collecting Coke Points is super fun!  My aunt and friends save them for me.
  4. Worked for over 12 hours.
  5. Had a super yummy lunch at J. Alexander's.
  6. Completed day 10 of the hair challenge - a different hair style everyday for 21 days!
I have decided that this blog has a fever - and the only cure is more cowbell.  And when I say cowbell, I mean pictures.  From now on, I will be sure to post pictures I promised to a while ago (new shoes) and fun stuff like the hair challenge!

In other news, in the last two weeks two houses have been simplified in to one and we are currently waiting on appraisal #2 for our new house.  Moving and buying a house are stressful, but not an excuse to start smoking again.  I am still taking things one day at a time - and believe you me, they add up pretty quick!

1 comment:

  1. you are doing great keep going.
    and the hair challenge sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete