Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ants in my pants, Ants in my pants... Lookin' like a fool with ants in my pants

Day 18
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): 0 - I've been bad about taking my morning Chantix, but still having crazy dreams from my night dose. Last night I dreamed that I had big, black ants crawling all over me.
Mood: Stressed and focused
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 360
Hours of Time I Have Not Spent Smoking: 30

Here is what Dreammoods.com has to say about dreaming about ants:
Ants

To see ants in your dream, signifies your general dissatisfaction in your daily life. You are feeling neglected and insignificant. Petty things will annoy you throughout the following day. You need to be more cooperative as this will be the only way to achieve your desires.

The dream may also be a metaphor on feeling antsy or restless or it can be a pun on your "aunt".

Ants also symbolize hard work, diligence and industry. Increase business activities are expected. On a less positive note, ants symbolize social conformity and mass action. In this regard, you may feel that your life is too structured and orderly.

According to the biblical interpretations, ants symbolize diligence concerning the things of God. Despite its small size, the ant lays up substance during times of plenty. (Prov 30:25)

It's fairly accurate to say that petty things annoy me right now or that I'm antsy or relestless. I'm quitting smoking.

Road rage is all the rage my life right now. My father used to flip his lid if someone was not driving a constant speed or cut him off or was driving slow for no reason (and the list goes on). As a child I would sink down lower in my seat in embarrassment.

Smoking helped me avoid experiencing the same rage. If someone was being a stupid driver or traffic was really bad, I would light up! What a joy to have a relaxing cigarette in the face of a gridlocked freeway. How easy it was to pass the time with my friend and entertainment - a little nicotine buddy. So for now, I'm blasting alternative rock and allowing myself to yell at other people while five-year old Tory is in sitting embarrassed in the backseat.

Also, I have been quite diligent lately at work, around the house, getting things together for our mortgage approval. So that definition works, too. And I've been doing a lot of praying lately for friends, family and Josh and me.

Here is what I did instead of smoking:
  1. Daydreamed about fun outfits I have never worn before and played dress-up.
  2. Watched Inglorious Basterds (a MUST see!)
  3. Drank wine.
  4. Read A Blissful Bounty on a daily basis.
  5. Went shopping with my mother-in-law in their garage for furniture for our new house.
  6. Wore cozy new socks hand-knit, from my mother-in-law.
  7. Met with the most awesome DJ in Arizona who will be doing our wedding!
  8. Went to dinner in the dark with my fiance. The power went out right after we got our food - lucky us!
  9. Treated myself to a Skinny Vanilla Latte and Blueberry Scone on a rainy Saturday morning.
  10. Taken lots of deep breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment