Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes...

Turn and face the strange ch ch changes...

Day 12
Cigarettes Today: 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): 3
Mood: Determined at work and home
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 240

As a smoker, I always tried to rationalize when was the best time to quit. Certainly around November/December would be disastrous because it's the holiday season. And you don't want to quit just because it's a New Year's resolution, so January is out. And you know that any big event like a move or starting a new job or breaking up with a boyfriend meant that it was not a good time to quit either.

After these rationalizations began to continue, I realized that there truly is no good time to quit. So, now, is just as a good a time as any to quit smoking despite the fact that Josh and I are buying a house, moving twice in one month, planning a wedding and getting married all in one year. Did I mention that I am working two jobs, cleaning my grandparents house about once a month and house sitting/baby sitting when I can squeeze them into my sanity?

So if I can do it, surely you can, too.

It's funny how having so much to do has actually helped me quit smoking. Staying focused on little tasks athand will add up to days, weeks, months and years of not smoking.

Here is what I did today instead of smoking:
  1. Woke up and attempted a copy-cat outfit from one of my dearest friend Lauren's fashion blog. Was unsuccessful, but most of my clothes are in boxes. I did the best I could with what I had.
  2. Sat at my desk and ate lunch on Facebook.
  3. Made macaroni and cheese from scratch. It was pretty good - next time will serve as a side dish.
  4. Played with my kitties.
  5. Cleaned glass stove top.
  6. Watched the Olympics and 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment