Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I can't think of a good title for this post and it's pissing me off.

Day 13
Cigarettes Today: 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): I'm not sure I even took it this morning. Could not remember, but I think I did, so I guess that means 0?
Mood: Scattered at work, Glad to be home
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 260

Today was a busy day with a meeting in downtown PHX where I successfully lost my ID and debit card. I attended the Greek Awards at ASU and spent some quality time with my favorite collegians. I did not even know my ID/debit card were missing until I received a call from my Nana, who I now realize is the only family member sharing my last name who is listed in the phone book. She gave me the number of Officer Stahl, the security guard who luckily found my lost items. I promptly called him only to realize that the number Nana gave me was wrong. UGH. Right about this time, I was navigating out of the visitor parking garage at ASU and was glad to actually have cash on me (for once!) to pay for parking sans debit card.

I am ashamed to share some of the things that I did today instead of smoking. I am proud of some of the activities I do instead of smoking, but others are fits of frustration and impatience which I hope will be fewer and further between as time goes on.

Here is what I did today instead of smoking:
  1. Put together an outfit that I had never worn before.
  2. Told a co-worker that I quit smoking when she invited me to have a cigarette with her.
  3. Shook my head in disgust and swore to myself when I almost hit a bicyclist in Tempe. I know they have the right of way, but he was looking at the ground!
  4. Yelled at a bus that stopped for no apparent reason in the middle of a left turn.
  5. Called one of my BFF's to find out the next time she was going to spin class. P.S. It's Thursday - let's see if I go!
Luckily, I got a hold of Officer Stahl and I will pick up my things tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Tory. I know you can. Its tough but I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete