Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Monday, February 22, 2010

New Shoes

Day 19
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): 4 - a little sluggish feeling, no nausea, more like heartburn
Mood: Upbeat, positive
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 380

What I did today instead of smoking:

  1. Texted that I was running late to work while driving. This is now illegal in Arizona This might be illegal someday in Arizona, but isn't quite yet.
  2. Wore a cute belt over a turtle neck tunic sweater - perfect for rainy Arizona weather.
  3. Picked up new prescription for Chantix - $170.00 budgeted for this expense. New BC/BS of California Rx insurance brought the retail price down to $20.00! I told the pharmacist that I would get a new pair of shoes! But coincidentally #4 is:
  4. Bought a new pair of shoes yesterday! Went to DSW to spend a gift card from Melissa and had no idea what I wanted. I did not pick these shoes - they picked me. They are superb. I will post a photo later after I shave my legs.
  5. Took a picture of a rainbow in the parking lot of Desert Ridge - so pretty!
  6. Watched 24.
  7. Treated myself to a new outfit from Kohl's.
After my post-work shopping trip, I wanted a cigarette - another trigger of mine is when I feel accomplished, I want a cigarette. Weird, huh? I took a deep breath and the want went away.


No comments:

Post a Comment