Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

10 Weeks!

Day 70
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): Eh, I'm starting to wondering what it will be like when I stop taking them, but for now I'm used to it.
Mood: All right, had a moment (or several moments) today where I missed cigarettes like you miss a friend.
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 1400

Hooray!  It's been 10 weeks.  I've had plenty to keep me busy!

Today (and for the last week) instead of smoking I:
  1. Went to lunch with my great aunts and 2nd cousins.
  2. Got a pedicure with my best friend.
  3. Realized that making dinner every night is not a necessity.  Even grown ups can eat goldfish crackers for dinner.
  4. Cleaned carpet's with a steam cleaner - kinda tricky if you're a perfectionist.
  5. Designed a Save the Date in Photoshop.
  6. Went grocery shopping.
  7. Read the Personal Efficiency Program - definitely a good read if you always feel busy!  I'm still reading, but so far, the practices are good!
  8. Made ribs and watched Glee! 
    1. Realized that I kind of love Idina Menzel.

Bottom line:  I love my life not smoking.  I have more self-confidence and I am proud to be a non-smoker.  I will probably be sorting out the rest for a while, but I will focus on the bottom line.  It's the only one that matters!

1 comment:

  1. I more than LOVE Idina Menzel! I dream about Idina Menzel! I can't decide if I want to be with her or be her...

    Glad Glee helped you not smoke. :)

    ReplyDelete