Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

There is never a good time to quit....

Day 57
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): 0
Mood: Exhausted!!
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 1140

Settling in to my new house is so much fun!  On Tuesday, I was told that we are changing a pretty big procedure at work.  I quickly thought of all of our clients that have the old standard in their contract and how much of a pain in the butt this transition is going to be.  But, I quickly realized that the overall benefit outweighs the work we will have to devote to the change.  And just like the fact that there is no good time to quit smoking, there is no good time to make this transition.

What I did today (and the last few weeks) instead of smoking:

  1. Packed and moved! (pictures behind the link)
  2. Got promoted
  3. Bought a fridge
  4. Bought a bed
  5. Reveled in doing laundry with our new-to-us washer/dryer
  6. Was really proud of my uncle for reaching 30,000 miles on his road bike!!
  7. Took more pictures than I had been in the past
  8. Realized how much I love my fiance, family and friends
Coming up this weekend, I will be entertaining for Easter!  Forget the fact that we still have boxes.  I have not ever really enjoyed having my family over for any occasion in the past since it meant not smoking while they were here!  Stupid, I know, but nicotine makes you do stupid things.  So, this Sunday is special for several reasons - new house and new Tory!

No comments:

Post a Comment