Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Smoking Inhaler

Day 60
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): 0
Mood: Content
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 1200

Happy Easter!  Today is a day that marks a new start for many people for many different reasons.  Spring has officially sprung and it's beginning to warm up (and dry up) here in Arizona!

There are so many different ways out there to quit smoking.  I am curious what different ways people have tried?

I read an article on WebMD about a smoking inhaler.  Basically, it seems to be a cigarette.  It looks like a cigarette and gives you the nicotine your body craves, but without the tar and chemicals and bad stuff.  What I can't overtly tell from the article is: why can't you just stick with the inhaler?  If it gives you the good part of nicotine, the "fix" if you will, without all of the bad-for-you stuff, then why do would anyone ever end up weening themselves off of the inhaler?  I would be curious to find out the long-term outcome of the inhaler.

In other news, I would love to begin to share this blog with others who have begun or are beginning their road to quit smoking!  Please leave a comment if you or someone you know would be interested in sharing their story for the greater good.

What I did today instead of smoking:
  1. Finished unpacking!  Everyone said not to worry about unpacking, that they still have boxes from years ago, and to those people I laugh in your face!  Ok, that's not nice, but I guess when you don't have kids and are keeping busy to keep from smoking, you're a little over-productive.
  2. Enjoyed Easter with my family.
  3. Gave away old clothes - it's great to clean out un-needed things!  Makes you feel so good...
  4. Cooked 6 pounds of hamburger meat (it was on sale!) for use in tacos and pasta sauces later in the week/month.
  5. Ripped the few music CDs I have to my computer and threw them away.  For some reason, they play on my computer, but are too scratched to play anywhere else.  Besides, my CD player in my car has been busted for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment