Hello Readers!

My name is Tory and I quit smoking February 3, 2010. Follow along as I pen my journey of quitting. I still live with a smoker, and have been told that it is extra tough, but I've made it this far. I am excited to share my journey and angst quitting smoking with you.

Enjoy!

Quit Smoking Meter


QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

9 Weeks Today

Day 63
Cigarettes Today (or since my last post): 0
Chantix Side Effects (on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst): I can't even tell anymore, but I'm ready to be done with these bad boys.
Mood: Content, but still like "smoker" Tory better...
Cigarettes NOT Smoked Since Quit Date: 1260


Time for more math!


1260 cigarettes not smoked x 5 minutes per cigarette = 6300 minutes
6300 minutes = 105 hours
105 hours = 4.375 days

In 9 weeks, I have literally and instantly gained over 4 days of my life back.  We are talking waking hours of productivity here!

While it is great, I still have to learn how to cope with life without cigarettes.  I am finding that they were more of a crutch than I thought they were.  I still like "smoker" Tory better than non-smoker Tory, but I'm continuing on toward my goal.

With my windows down, I can smell other people smoking (not to mention I live with a smoker) and I still enjoy the smell.  I tell smokers I know about how smoking is one of my favorite things in the whole world.  But I know that just because I love it, does not make it good for me.

I just have to remember that I'm "a puff away from a pack a day."  I will never be able to have just one cigarette, no matter what the circumstance.  I will always have to face the fact that I am addicted to cigarettes.  But luckily, it's not so hard when you take it just one day at a time!

Today instead of smoking I:
  1. Went to lunch with a colleague.
  2. Moved desks at work (yay promotion!)
  3. Turned up some music and did a silly dance
  4. Listened to an interesting story about Florence and the Machine.  I think I will buy the new album!
  5. Defrosted chicken in our new microwave.

1 comment: